The Sporting Goods Industry Association (SGIA) represents manufacturers, wholesalers and distributors of sporting goods in the UK. Established over 100 years ago, the association brings together the power of the sports brands for the benefit of the industry as a whole and represents the UK market.
We exist to promote the interests of our members in the sports trade
We’re led by you, our members. We’re stronger together and, as a non-profit organisation, we are able to champion the causes which matter most to you to help your sports business thrive. With a range of tailored business benefits and services available exclusively to members, your business is at the heart of everything we do.
We work to:
- Represent members as the voice of the sporting goods industry
- Collaborate with government partners, National Governing Bodies and other sector associations and agencies
- Lobby UK and European government on issues relevant to our members
- Assist with the development of industry specifications and standards
- Access funding for export opportunities alongside DiT
- Hold industry seminars, thinktanks and networking events